Basic Daily Care Fee (BDCF)
What is the Basic Daily Care Fee?
- The Basic Daily Care Fee (BDCF) is a fixed and mandatory fee paid by all residents in a Commonwealth regulated aged care home.
- BDCF is indexed to the standard Commonwealth age pension, and is currently 85% of that pension amount.
- The current value (from 20 September 2018) of BDCF is $50.66 per day.
- The resident will pay BDCF on a monthly basis and you will be asked to pay in advance ie for the upcoming month
- You can find the current rates of BDCF on the
Residential Care Fees and Charges (September 2108)
When is the Basic Daily Care Fee applied?
- BDCF is applied if you are a permanent or respite care resident.
- You may also be asked to pay BDCF for pre-entry leave (up to 7 days before you actually move into the room).
- BDCF is also applied if you are away from the aged care home on social leave (52 days are allowed per year) or if you are in hospital for a short stay before returning to the aged care home.
Next Step ?
Do you have any questions about the Basic Daily Care Fee, Aged Care Fees and Charges or Aged Care Placement in general ? Contact Us