Daily Accommodation Contribution (DAC)
What is the Daily Accommodation Contribution?
- The Daily Accommodation Contribution is a rental style payment for accommodation costs at the aged care home.
When is the Daily Accommodation Contribution applied?
- If the Commonwealth will partially support the residents accommodation costs the the DAC calculated by the Commonwealth will be payable. The amount you pay is a daily rate.
- You can pay DAC instalments up to a month in advance, as agreed with your aged care home.
- Daily accommodation contributions, unless you have paid in advance, are not refundable if you leave the aged care home.
- If a resident chooses to pay some of the accommodation payment as a lump sum (RAC), then this will reduce the rental DAC payment.
Next Step ?
Do you have any questions about the Daily Accommodation Contribution, Aged Care Fees and Charges or Aged Care Placement in general ? Contact Us