Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP)
What is the Daily Accommodation Payment?
- The Daily Accommodation Payment is a rental style payment that is calculated on the total accommodation payment negotiated with the aged care provider, multiplied by the interest rate specified by the Commonwealth (The maximum permissible interest rate) and divided by 365 to get the daily rate.
When is the Daily Accommodation Payment applied?
- If you need to pay for the full cost of your accommodation and make rental-style payments, this is called a daily accommodation payment (DAP).
The amount you pay is a daily rate.
- You can pay DAP instalments up to a month in advance, as agreed with your aged care home.
- Daily accommodation payments, unless you have paid in advance, are not refundable if you leave the aged care home.
- If a resident chooses to pay some of the accommodation payment as a lump sum (RAD), then this will reduce the rental DAP payment.
Next Step ?
Do you have any questions about the Daily Accommodation Payment, Aged Care Fees and Charges or Aged Care Placement in general ? Contact Us