Means Tested Care Fee (MTCF)
What is the Means Tested Care Fee?
- The Means Tested Care Fee (MTCF) is a fee that some residents, who are financially able, will contribute to the cost of their care.
When is the Means Tested Care Fee applied?
- MTCF will be calculated by the Commonwealth when a residential completes and submits the
Request for Combined Assets and Income Assessment SA457 .
- MTCF cannot be negotiated with the Commonwealth.
- MTCF amount will vary according to a residents combined assets and income assessment and the level of care that the resident requires
- There are maximum amounts (caps) of MTCF which can be paid on an annual level and on a "lifetime" level. When the cap has been reached the resident cannot be asked to pay more MTCF.
- Be aware , that if the
Request for Combined Assets and Income Assessment SA457 is not submitted, then the maximum MTCF will be applied.
Next Step ?
Do you have any questions about the Means Tested Care Fee, Aged Care Fees and Charges or Aged Care Placement in general ? Contact Us